Who we are
Our website address is: https://wootton.org.au.
These Data Privacy Guidelines set out the way in which we manage your personal information and safeguard your privacy. It applies to the Wootton Community Network Inc. (“WCN”) website, services and third parties such as contractors.
WCN is committed to protecting your privacy and takes all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the privacy of individuals as required by the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) set out in the Privacy Act 1988 as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012.
We use reasonable measures to ensure that any information collected by us is kept private, however we cannot guarantee the security of such information despite such efforts.
Other than as provided above, we will not disclose any personal information to any Third Parties without your consent unless we are required to do so by law to any third party.
Information we collect about you:
The kind of information that we typically collect and hold may include:
- Information provided when applying for membership, or changing membership details (such as name and contact details).
- Information provided by members and non-members to WCN through public forums, workshops, meetings, other events, surveys, email campaigns, social media and the website
- Information provided when registering for in any upcoming events
- Information provided when using WCN services or attending a WCN event
- WCN may also collect anonymous information about your usage of the Website such as your IP Address and the pages you visit. We may also collect any personal information you choose to provide to us via any of the Website pages including but not limited to the “Contact Us” page and firstname.lastname@example.org email address. We may send HTML-based emails to you from time to time and track whether you choose to open these emails. This information is collected primarily to improve your visit to the Website and to optimize your viewing experience.
The way we use your information:
We collect and store personal information for the following purposes:
- To process applications for membership and invoice you for membership fees and services;
- To organise and conduct WCN’s business, events, meetings and to otherwise effectively manage the WCN membership;
- To comply with our constitutional requirements (e.g. issuing notices of general meetings, membership renewal and voting right notifications);
- To engage and communicate with specific members and non-members who have indicated that they wish to be involved/informed about various specific issues;
- To keep members and non-members informed about WCN activities or to publish in the WCN Committee contact directory (in relation to elected representatives and Subcommittee leaders).
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.